- CRIS 2016: Communicating and measuring research responsibly: profiling, metrics, impact, interoperabilityCRIS 2016: Communicating and measuring research responsibly: profiling, metrics, impact, interoperability 27-06-2016 Realizou-se de 8 a 11 de Junho a 13ª conferência sobre gestão de sistemas de informação de Ciência, organizada pelo euroCRIS. A conferência entitulada “CRIS 2016: Communicating and … Continuar a ler →
- Estudo prospetivo sobre o registo de organizações nacionais e internacionais – documento finalEstudo prospetivo sobre o registo de organizações nacionais e internacionais – documento final 12-05-16 Durante o ciclo de vida da investigação são vários os momentos em que é necessário identificar as instituições e estabelecer a ligação entre estas e outros … Continuar a ler →
- Aviso de abertura de concurso para o programa PTCRISAviso de abertura de concurso para o programa PTCRIS 12-04-2016 Encontra-se aberto o concurso para atribuição de uma Bolsa de Gestão de Ciência e Tecnologia (BGCT) na área da Engenharia Informática. O programa de trabalhos envolve a participação, na sua … Continuar a ler →
- Jornadas FCCN 2016Jornadas FCCN 2016 12-04-2016 De 6 a 8 de abril de 2016 realizou-se na Universidade do Algarve a última edição das Jornadas FCCN. As Jornadas FCCN materializam o principal ponto de encontro anual das entidades que compõem a comunidade nacional … Continuar a ler →
- Estudo prospetivo sobre o registo de organizações nacionais e internacionaisEstudo prospetivo sobre o registo de organizações nacionais e internacionais 14-03-2016 O fluxo de dados num ecossistema de informação aberto e integrado depende de identificadores únicos e persistentes que sejam reconhecidos em toda a cadeia de informação. Neste contexto, o … Continuar a ler →
- Nova parceria pelo futuro dos CRIS: euroCRIS e BrasilNova parceria pelo futuro dos CRIS: euroCRIS e Brasil 22-01-2016 No dia 19 de Janeiro de 2016, o euroCRIS e o Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia (IBICT) assinaram um Memorando de Entendimento que visa estabelecer e promover … Continuar a ler →
- euroCRIS membership meeting BRCRIS SELRIM2º euroCRIS Strategic Membership Meeting 24-11-2015 A FCT|FCCN esteve presente no segundo euroCRIS Strategic Membership Meeting que decorreu de 9 a 11 de Novembro de 2015, em Barcelona. A reunião teve como tema central a colaboração internacional na gestão de … Continuar a ler →
- Concurso recrutamento para o programa PTCRISAviso de abertura de concurso para o programa PTCRIS 12-11-2015 Encontra-se aberto o concurso para recrutamento, por mobilidade interna, de um arquiteto de sistemas e gestor de dados para o Programa PTCRIS. As candidaturas deverão ser enviadas até dia 25 … Continuar a ler →
- Resultados do concurso para piloto de adesão ao programa PTCRISResultados do concurso para piloto de adesão ao programa PTCRIS 26-10-15 Findo o prazo de apresentação de candidaturas para piloto de adesão ao programa PTCRIS, o Júri procedeu à sua análise considerando os seguintes critérios: Critérios de elegibilidade (todos): A … Continuar a ler →
- Resultados do concurso para piloto DSpace-CRISResultados do concurso para piloto DSpace-CRIS 26-10-15 Findo o prazo de apresentação de candidaturas para piloto DSpace-Cris, o Júri procedeu à sua análise considerando os seguintes critérios: Critérios de elegibilidade (todos): A instituição candidata é uma IES membro do CRUP/CCISP/APESP … Continuar a ler →
- 2nd international ISNI Summit for Libraries: a reportThe 2nd international ISNI Summit for Libraries was held on 26th-27th June 2019 at the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF). Organized by the BnF and the British Library, the Summit attracted 36 participants, including representatives from 17 national and research libraries as well as representatives from the ISNI International Agency and OCLC. read more
- Booker meets ISNI (again)The Booker Prize longlist has been announced on 24th July 2019. The shortlist will be announced on 3rd September, and the winner on 14th October. Here are the authors and their ISNIs: read more
- ISNI meets Booker: nominated authors and their ISNIsThe 2019 Man Booker International Prize has revealed the long list of 13 novels that are the contenders this year. The shortlist of six was announced on 9 April and the winner will be announced on 21 May. Here is the list of nominated authors and publishers with their ISNIs: read more
- YouTube Knows Who You Are - A CCC podcast with Tim DevenportYouTube’s decision in early 2018 to become an ISNI Registration Agency has caused great interest in the music sector and beyond. In this podcast with Copyright Clearance Center’s Chris Kenneally, ISNI-IA Executive Director Tim Devenport explores the rationale behind this move and the challenges and opportunities that it presents. read more
- YouTube Adopts ISNI ID for Artists & SongwritersISNI standard will help identify music artists, composers, performers, and more who contribute works to the YouTube platform London, UK, 22 January 2018 - YouTube is now a Registration Agency for the International Standard Name Identifier (ISNI), the ISO certified global standard number for identifying millions of contributors to creative works and those active in their distribution. read more
- ISNI Organizations Registry - Identifying Organizations in the Scholarly Supply Chain28th August 2017, London, UK. The ISNI International Agency Ltd (ISNI-IA) today announces changes to its infrastructure focused on providing open identifiers for organizations working in the field of scholarly communications. The ISNI Organizations Registry will enable organizations to change and correct their own records and allow the research community to identify author affiliations persistently and authoritatively, thereby supporting analysis of research output and impact. read more
- ISNI-VIAF Summit 2017On behalf of the Conference of European National Librarians (CENL), the British Library and the Bibliothèque nationale de France convened a meeting of ISNI member institutions and registration authorities together with prospective members of ISNI and OCLC on 7th-8th February at the British Library in London. In total, there were thirty-three attendees from across Europe and the United States. The purpose of the summit was to explore the future development and interoperability of ISNI and VIAF through OCLC's services and platforms. read more
- ISNIs now in EThOS2015-08-03 EThOS is the UK’s national thesis service which aims to maximise the visibility and availability of the UK’s doctoral research theses. It demonstrates the quality of UK research, and supports the UK Government’s open access principle that publications resulting from publicly-funded research should be made freely available for all researchers, providing opportunities for further research. read more
- Putting the brakes on confusionBy ISNI Board member Paul Jessop - 2015-04-13 read more
- When will Socrates be picking up his photocopying royalties?By ISNI Board member Paul Jessop - 2015-03-17 Well since (a) the Athenian republic was not strong on copyright, (b) Socrates probably had slaves to do his copying by hand rather than a machine from Xerox, (c) scholars do not know what, if anything, Socrates actually wrote, (d) anything he did write is long out of copyright and (e) Socrates is a long time dead, this burning question may not detain us long. read more
- 1,200 Elsevier journals adopting CASRAI CRediTGreat news announced today by Elsevier. They have adopted CASRAI CRediT in 1,200 of their journals and have plans to adopt it in hundreds more in 2020. From the press release: By detailing each author’s role in the research, we hope to help all authors receive fairer recognition for their personal contribution to the advance … Continue reading 1,200 Elsevier journals adopting CASRAI CRediT The post 1,200 Elsevier journals adopting CASRAI CRediT appeared first on CASRAI.
- Academic career stages poster accepted for EARMA in OsloI got word last week that our submission was accepted to the EARMA annual conference in Oslo on April 27 to 29, 2020. I was aiming for a session but am happy with a poster. Maybe it is just as well as I am presenting something very small, even though its adoption could have a … Continue reading Academic career stages poster accepted for EARMA in Oslo The post Academic career stages poster accepted for EARMA in Oslo appeared first on CASRAI.
- CASRAI part of $2mil in funding for RDM tool support in CanadaCANARIE recently announced $2 million in funding to support Canadian researchers’ access to the data management tools and services that facilitate the reuse of research data. CASRAI will be working along with CARL Portage and the University of Alberta to advance an easy-to-use online tool that facilitates the creation of data management plans (DMP). The … Continue reading CASRAI part of $2mil in funding for RDM tool support in Canada The post CASRAI part of $2mil in funding for RDM tool support in Canada appeared first on CASRAI.
- Assessing a national service for international due diligenceI was very pleased to hear this news from the immediate past-chair of the CASRAU UK Community, Jenni Stergiou. Full news release: A consortium led by ARMA and including CASRAI has been awarded £25,000 from UKRI to explore how a national service for due diligence in international research could deliver benefits for UK higher education … Continue reading Assessing a national service for international due diligence The post Assessing a national service for international due diligence appeared first on CASRAI.
- Launching our new websiteIt has been a busy few months here at CASRAI, filled with a lot of changes. We have much to announce but we didn’t have a good place to do it. So the first step was getting our new website up and launched. This blog post inaugurates our new website. We still have a few … Continue reading Launching our new website The post Launching our new website appeared first on CASRAI.